Name of the applicant organization: SOCIETY FOR COMMUNITY PARTICIPATION AND EDUCATION IN RURAL DEVELOPMENT (SCOPE-RD)
Year of Foundation: 1992
Reg. Soc. No: 363 OF 1992
- Street Presence to establish rapport with the street children across Khammam.
- Special focus on tribal children those migrated from other districts/states in addressing their needs through community participation.
- Providing a round the clock Shelter for children of the street below 18 years in Khammam.
- Rescue and repatriation of children at risk or children in need of care & protection through Child Helpline, 1098 in collaboration with the Childline India Foundation.
- Night shelters for the older street children who are working in the city of Khammam
- Individual Counseling, including clinical counseling, Home Inquiry, and Home Integration
- Bridge Course to prepare, according to their age and ability, those junior street children who are weaned away from the street and motivated to join regular schooling
- Child Rights Awareness workshops to Police Personnel, Government Railway Police, Railway Protection Force, auto drivers, rickshaw pullers, railway porters, Dabha employees, rag shop owners, concerned communities on UNCRC, Juvenile Justice (Care & Protection) Act, 2000, Child Labour Act and welfare schemes.
- Intervention programs to take forward Juvenile Justice System for those children in need of Care and Protection and children alleged to be in conflict with law
- Medical Care for children on the streets and migrated slum children.
- Rescue and prevention of domestic child laborers and women victims and legal aid
- Capacity building programs (personality development, institutional development includes monitoring mechanisms strategy planning and Child & Youth Clubs formation) for Minority organizations.
- Prevention of women and child trafficking.
- Adolescence Empowerment in marginalized communities.
- Feeding the hunger especially for vulnerable communities (Migrants, Street children, rag pickers, tribals and shelterless people).
- Protecting the environment and addressing global warming issues.
- SCOPE-RD has immense experience of working with vulnerable populations primarily children in difficult situations in the state of Telangana and Andra Pradesh. It is one of the pioneering civil society organization spearheaded, highlighted child protection issues and continue to strengthen the existing services, structures, mechanisms and systems in target states. SCOPE-RD sensitized the Special Juvenile Police and district administration on child rights. As a result, SCOPE-RD is recognized by civil societies, district administration, and state government.
- SCOPE- RD is partner NGO of CHILDLINE India Foundation (CHILDLINE – 1098 services in rescue, protection, and rehabilitation of vulnerable children), Juvenile Welfare Department of Hyderabad (Running Observation Home of Boys in Khammam for Conflict with Law Children) and implemented UNICEF and Prajwala –Swaraksha programs for strengthening the Child Protection Mechanisms & Community awakening on anti-human trafficking.
- Above 28000 community members were sensitized on child protection mechanisms, 52 organizations were orientated on institutional child protection policies, 5200 vulnerable children were home integrated and rehabilitated. 16800 children were provided personality development and career guidance programs, 400 adolescence girls were given vocational training and job placement. SCOPE-RD empowered 22 child clubs and 18 village-level child protection committees in Khammam district. Published Child Rights materials and training manuals on “Psycho-socio well being of vulnerable children” and “Leadership & Children Participation”. SCOPE-RD is registered in 1992, working with vulnerable target groups exclusively on the empowerment of communities with community participation.
- Nearly 1400 Families have been benefited during covid-19 pandemic situation.